OK, here's what I did:
- Started a new project (in 2019.2.0 in my case; hopefully this works the same in 2019.2.5).
- Imported MiniScript. Got the TextMeshPro import prompt; imported the TMPro Essentials.
- Opened the MiniScript Demo scene.
- Ran. Got a couple of errors deep in the bowels of TMPro when I switched to the code editor.
- Found that the fonts were not set on the TextMeshProUGUI objects. There are two of these in this scene, "SourceLinePrototype" and "LineNumberPrototype". You can find them here:
...or you could search for them by putting "t:TextMeshProUGUI" into the field at the top of the Hierarchy window. Select each of those, click the little selection button next to Font Asset, and select ProFontIIx SDF.
At this point, when I ran, the program demo basically worked. Output text was not appearing, though. Turns out that I still have some older Text objects that never got converted to TMPro, and some of these also lost their font settings. (Thanks, Unity!) Put "t:Text" into the Hierarchy search field, and check each of them for missing fonts. Select a font (Monaco is a decent choice).
After that, everything seems to work for me. It was all just missing font selections.
I'm planning an update to the plugin soon... I have a handful of bug-fixes for the code editor, and some updates to MiniScript itself (already available in GitHub, but not yet rolled into the plugin). So when I do that, I'll be sure to test in the latest Unity and try to fix it so the demos don't import with broken fonts.
Thanks for your patience, and let me know if you run into any more trouble!