Mini Micro version 0.6 is finally available!
This version includes a lot of refinements, more consistent APIs, and new demos and library code. Among the fresh goodness:
- new drumMachine demo lets you lay down a sick beat
- new levelEditor serves as both a demo of tile displays, and a handy utility for laying out maps for use in your own games
- new libraries in /sys/lib including spriteControllers, tileUtils, and sounds, to make your coding go even faster
- code editor now has keyboard shortcuts for Cancel as well as Save & Exit
- for the first time, includes a Linux build!
- included MiniScript now supports line continuation, improved import behavior, and several other enhancements
I did not, unfortunately, have time to finish the textAdventure demo... but I'll do that in 0.7 for sure, in addition to making various under-the-hood optimizations to increase performance even further. Versions 0.7 through 1.0 will include new & improved demos, help, and sample code, as well as external features such as publishing your games to the web or as a stand-alone app.
At this point, the Mini Micro API should be considered complete; any changes between now and 1.0 will be minor, and even that only when there is a very strong reason. So this is a great time to check it out, download the Cheat Sheet, and get started!